Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A reminder from ARP Smith

Back in July, I made a big mistake on my e-mail system. I deleted a bunch of e-mail and forgot to check whether I had completed all the trades/packages that I'd meant to complete in them.

And then I forgot about doing it. That, ladies and gentlemen, was the big mistake.

I was reminded of this recently when I received a package in the mail from California from ARP Smith of ARPSMith's Sportscard Obsession. I had told Adam that I'd send him a card from 1983 of the Famous Chicken (at that point, Ted Giannoulas was no longer simply confining his antics to San Diego) that I had sent to Donruss to have autographed. Back then, we trusted that Donruss would gather the cards in Memphis, the Chicken would stop in an autograph them, and then we would get the card back.

At any rate, as a bit of a prod and reminder, this package had my e-mail in it...that I'd deleted...saying I'd send the card to him.

Oops.

Thankfully, he's been good-natured about my act of omission. The card is packaged up and will be on its way to California shortly.  And, in the meantime, I received some great new-to-me Brewers cards -- and a few that weren't new but are still really cool.


















There are a few obvious highlights -- the Donruss "Press Proof" of Jimmy Nelson, the high-school yearbook pose perfected by Bill Wegman (all he is missing is a huge class ring with a red stone on his left hand) and, of course, that huge and thick Ryan Braun Rookie Cup Manu-Relic. Those rookie cup Manu-Relics are just plain cool.

Thank you very much for the trade, Adam! It is appreciated and this time I won't forget to send you the card I promised (and some others too)!


1 comment:

  1. I didn't even notice the Braun was numbered to /99 the first time I read this post. That is a great card!

    ReplyDelete