Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Mailday Post: Trade with Sportscard Mask-A-Rade

Roger at Sportscard Mask-a-Rade had some parallels up for trade that I wanted, so I checked out his want list and sent some Cards cards his way.  In the cards I sent to Roger, I sent a bunch of stickers -- both as blanks of sort and as substantive trade items.  Thankfully, his post did not say that I stuck it to him on this trade, but rather that I stickered him.

I'm in a musical mood as I write this, so how about we go off the beaten path in a direction that will make sense in a moment.  When I was in college, I loved the rap in the last verse of this song:

That's Onyx with the song "Slam."  The last verse, of course, has no rhythm to it, really, but it is so different from the usual rhyme-alongs.  The rapper for that last verse was a guy named Kirk Jones -- better known by his stage name Sticky Fingaz.  Jones also is an actor who appeared in Next Friday, among other shows and movies.

So, I hope Roger didn't get ten sticky fingers from all those stickers I stuck in that package.  The package he sent to me was and is excellent -- so much so that I feel that I owe him a few more cards soon.  Here's what he sent, including some guy who is currently the Cardinals manager:


MINI!


Cirillo for the PC.

2014 Molitor Museum Collection


I have yet to figure out how to play the Topps Attax game.
Not that I've tried very hard to do that. But I like the card.

Target Parallel Ax

This is shiny Soup, though the scan doesn't show it.

Wally World Gomez.  Just a few more parallels to go!

SN37/150

SN107/3000

SN923/2000

SN1359/2001

SN9619/10000


























Roger, thank you very much for the first trade between us.  It's proof either that both of us want to get rid of the cards from our divisional rivals or that we can put aside our differences in the interest of, well, getting rid of cards from our divisional rivals.  Let's do it again soon.

And no, Mr. Sticky Fingaz, it's not a figment of your imagination! 

1 comment:

  1. Love that song! These are awful, awful cards, but it's a feel-good story that they found a loving home with you. ;P

    ReplyDelete