Sunday, July 6, 2014

Mailbag Post: S.Mack Talk

When I finished up my case break of the 2013 Topps Series 2 case, I thought I had gotten a lot of those Emerald Sparkle parallels. To be fair, I did get over 70 of them, so it wasn't like I had pulled 10 of them or something.  Jimmy over at S.Mack Talk e-mailed me and mentioned that he needed a few of those emerald sparkles, and asked if I had any of them.

Well, I only had two of the cards that Jimmy needed.  I guess the good news is that I was able to help a little bit and sent him those.  In return, Jimmy sent me a couple of cards I need for one of my attempts at completing an Archives set:



The thing I remember most about the long-time Cardinals coach and player was the fact that he played every position during the 1988 season, picking up the catcher's position last when he replaced Tony Pena. Buckner?  Well, besides that play in the 1986 World Series, he was an excellent hitter whose knees were famously creaky.  

Jimmy also sent me an insert from the 2014 Topps set:


That Hank Aaron insert will go nicely into my Milwaukee Braves collection, which I will get around to cataloguing sometime in 2017 at my current pace.

Jimmy, thank you very much for the cards and what is now our second trade -- they were much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment