Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Getting Organized

One of the most difficult things I have dealt with in getting back into baseball card collecting is figuring out what I have, what I don't, and why I still have all those 1989 Topps cards.

Then again, nearly anyone who collected cards in the 1980s and 1990s says that about 1989 Topps cards.

In trying to get my bearings about me and my feet underneath me, I've started putting together lists of the cards and items I would like to get for my collection.  At the same time, I'm also trying to figure out what items I am willing to trade away to get new stuff and also whether there is any demand at all for the things I have.

So, I read a lot of blogs.  A ton.  And not just the ones I link to at the right.  Those tend to be my starting points, but then I jump from reading those to looking at the blogs they link to for new stuff, and so on and so on.  I have found a few people here and there whom I've e-mailed or on whose blogs I've commented -- some with success, some with deafening silence -- and then I have tried to use a couple of different websites with trading functions to try to set stuff up.

I haven't learned anything I wouldn't have otherwise thought to be the case.  Some people are incredibly nice, very prompt, and extremely friendly and welcoming.  Others are gruff and tend to view dealing with people with trepidation and dismay. Still others, well, it takes them a while to get to nearly everything.

In other words, baseball card bloggers are like everyone else in the world.

Anyway, I have put together some want lists that I have linked from the tabs above.  And, hey, if you've read this far, you should see a pretty picture.  How about a Paul Molitor Milwaukee Police Department card from 1986?
Yay! Pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment